Passignano sul Trasimeno (Passignèno ntol Trasiméno in Perugian dialect) is an Italian town of 5 538 inhabitants  in the province of Perugia in Umbria. It stands on a promontory located on the northern shore of Lake Trasimeno and is part of the mountain community of the Trasimeno Mountains and the Association of the most beautiful villages in Italy. The oldest part of the city keeps intact the appearance of a fortified village, still visible today and enclosed within the medieval walls, of which the access gates and towers survive such as the so-called Torre di Ponente, which still preserves the coat of arms of the Common. In the 15th century, the powerful Oddi family owned property there, which held various possessions on the Trasimeno (in Vernazzano, Montalera, Castiglione del Lago and elsewhere) and in Chiugi, where it had the county of Laviano. At the highest point of the city stands the Rocca, built in the Middle Ages inside which the Museum of Boats is set up, where some boats from Lake Trasimeno, Piediluco, Padule di Fucecchio are exhibited while the town developed above all in modern times , between the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries. In the 16th century both the Renaissance-style church of San Rocco and the sanctuary of the Madonna dell'Oliveto, probably designed by Mariotto Radi, saw the light. Among the buildings of artistic value there is the Church of San Cristoforo, the church of the cemetery, an ancient parish church built before 1000 on the ruins of a previous pagan temple, the fifteenth-century Church of San Rocco, of the Church of San Bernardino and the Oratory of San Rocco.