Mdina -The Silent City

AIRVŪZ STAFF NOTE :

For centuries, the capital city of the Mediterranean island of Malta was not the port city of Valletta but rather the inland city of Mdina.  In the years before the Knights of St. John took control of the island and moved the capital in 1530, island's principal urban center was Mdina.  Located adjacent to Rabat, the original walled city of Mdina lost most of its population in the ensuing centuries, earning the nickname The Silent City.  Check it out from above in this drone video by contributor terencem.

  • about 4 years ago
  • 360 VŪZ
  • 12
  • 7
  • Report